Nalcor Energy is leading the Muskrat Falls hydroelectric development on the lower Churchill River in Labrador. The project includes construction of an 824 megawatt (MW) hydroelectric dam on the lower Churchill River in Labrador, and more than 1,600km of associated transmission lines that will deliver electricity to homes and businesses in Newfoundland and Labrador:
Once the generating facility is in operation, Muskrat Falls will mean:
- Long-term stable electricity rates for generations of Newfoundlanders and Labradorians
- An end to dependence on oil and unstable electricity prices
- Energy for future industrial development in the province
- A link to North America’s electricity grid for exports
- Clean, renewable power – 98% sustainable energy
Nalcor Energy is Newfoundland and Labrador’s energy company. We are a Crown corporation headquartered in St. John’s, and the company’s business includes the development, generation, transmission and sale of electricity; the exploration, development, production and sale of oil and gas; industrial fabrication; and energy marketing.